Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Log EVERYTHING

One thing I've been learning along this challenge is to log absolutly everything. For one, while I'm using sparkpeople.com to keep track of things, I get more spark points. For another I don't know if you've ever really looked at how many calories are in the things you eat.

Today for breakfest I had a cup of water and a snickers almond bar. Over 200 calories later o.O But what really got me was last week while I was working (yes I FINALLY got to go back to work) we got a delivering from a local office supply company. They always include little candy pieces like the mini laffy taffys or a tiny bag of gobstoppers. So of course I ate one of each. Banana laffy taffy is totally awesome and I'm like the only one at work who likes them anyways. So then I was thinking, well I might as well log my 2 calories. It was 91 calories! Two tiny smaller then bite sized pieces of candy were almost 100 calories! For that many calories I could have eaten this whole blueberry snack bar thing my husband picked up. Or I could have eaten a couple pieces of fruit (depending on the kind). I couldn't believe it, my god almost 100 calories for a tiny piece of candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment