Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Co-worker vent

I have this co-worker. She is by far the worse employee I've ever had to work with. Late every day, takes late lunches, either leaves early or stays late with the dumb excuse that she is making up time (which we're NOT allowed to do) and working even though she doesn't actually work. And while she's at work she doesn't work. Next to never. When she does work she does a half ass job about it. Period. She doesn't care about her work, makes 100 mistakes a day, seriously, I'm not even extravigating. And then she likes to rant and rave about what an amazing employee she is and how no one treats her right but she is just so damned good at her job. I was hired at this job because she wasn't doing her job. i work for a not for profit organization and they didn't have money for another position. They hired me anyways. Thinking that she has too much stress in her every day life to do her job and that with hiring me to take some of the work load she'll get better.

Next month it'll have been a full year here. I'm leaving. I'm finding another job. They've given her numrous warnings but there's no way they will ever fire her and I'm tired of her acting like only she knows everything and best and no one is as good as her. She has next to no stress in her life. She goes out drinking and partying a couple nights a week and comes in hung over, once again, not doing her work. I know what some of you are thinking. Ah with the labor laws being the way they are my employer has to have solid proof for fireing her. We have an electronic time clock that scans your fingerprint to clock in and out. We have camera's throughout the whole building that record every minute of every day. Our work phones record every single conversation (she makes lots of personal phone calls), our computers record every thing we do. Which she spends most of her time on facebook, match sites and emailing her friends. So they have hours and hours of recorded evedince including physical right ups on her.

A couple months ago I said I've had enough. I spoke with my supervisor and the main boss and said I was going to start applying for other jobs because I couldn't deal with doing 80-95% of the work. They both agreed that yes I do do 80 - 95% of the work. They asked me to not start looking and give them a chance. They would talk to her and get her to straighten up her act. If it came down to it they would choose me as an employee over her. Well it's been a couple months, she actually kind of did her job for a couple weeks. Then she went back to just as bad as before, then worse and now she has taken up smoking and seems to think that entitles her to disappearing for 4-8 15minute breaks a day. I am sooo done with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment