Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Year of the Core

I was just reading an interesting email through About.com on Yoga. I subscribe to some of their email newsletters. The one on Yoga is written by Ann Pizer (http://yoga.about.com/bio/Ann-Pizer-12794.htm?nl=1) and it always has good information. For those of you who don't know. About.com has a number of free newsletters and e-courses that you can have delivered directly to your inbox and you can always opt out of them at any time. I get a number of them including trying to learn French in preparation for talking French once I head back to college.

So in this article she talked about all this negative stuff that happened concerning Yoga in the last year and how she chooses not to think about that but to think about the positive aspects. Which, honestly, is something I've struggled with in the last couple years. Its something a lot of people struggle with but is much needed for all of us.  The need to focus on more positive then negative. Which is not the point of this but really people. We have so much negativity in our lives. We really should try to focus more on the positive. You can see the negative, you can acknowledge it, but we shouldn't dwell in it. We just bring our own lives down. So Ann is looking back on the last year and calling it the year of the core. If you read the information she provides you can see how its true. However if you're anything like me you probably haven't been focusing on your core muscles this last year. And lets face it people.

Core is where it's all at. Balance, life, it all revolves around your core. Your core muscles (the abs and lower back) are the foundation for everything we do. Every day we use our core muscles continuously. I'm learning more and more about how they play a major part in every single thing we do. Everything. I'm serious. Stop looking at me like that :) no really, look it up. Your core muscles connect to everything. They're responcible for everything. And when they're weak, we suffer. We have problems. So while everything is connected I was thinking about what she was saying about last year being the year of the core. But I was thinking I will make this next year the year of the core for me.

Let me explain. While I'm starting to do Yoga again and practicing bellydancing. While I'm sitting at my desk or walking my dogs. Every thing I do brings those core muscles into use. I don't know about you but let me tell you something. My core muscles are WEAK. This year I will once again try to focus more on myself. And I will do better then I did last year. While working through my health and fitness I'm going to do some major focusing on my core muscles. With everything connected through them, I think this is a very important thing to focus on. Core is everything. So lets make this next year the year of the core. Utilize the resources that were created last year to make a better, stronger next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment